Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1918 LF&C Trench Knife, real or fake?

Article about: I found this US "Trench Knife" at a local Pawn Shop. He said he's had it for many years and has no idea where he got it. It was cheap enough, so I decided why not! Honestly, I thin

Quote by MAP View Post
    I bought my 4 years ago. Paid $500. Scabbard included. Plus it is an Au Lion. I don't think you can touch one for that price these days.

WWI Mk1 1918 Au Lion Trench Knife
    That is a beautiful knife!

MAP
    ?

Quote by mattbhm View Post
    That is a beautiful knife!
    Thanks. I was lucky. Motivated seller! That is the price I was quoted. So didn't haggle.

But like yours I have a 1917 LF&C Trench that I picked up last year that was missing the scabbard..Was an estate find and the scabbard was in the house but couldn't be found...I know that finding the scabbard will cost me more than I paid for the knife.

1917 US L.F.& C. Trench Knife
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks. I was lucky. Motivated seller! That is the price I was quoted. So didn't haggle.

But like yours I have a 1917 LF&C Trench that I picked up last year that was missing the scabbard..Was an estate find and the scabbard was in the house but couldn't be found...I know that finding the scabbard will cost me more than I paid for the knife.

1917 US L.F.& C. Trench Knife
    Another beautiful knife! Love the 1917! Sad that the scabbard was in the house and just couldn't be found.. But as you said, it's better to have no scabbard than no knife at all!

This one cost me $50, so while I'd love a scabbard, I'm happy with my purchase!

MAP
    ?

$50??? I will triple your money if you want to sell it! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    $50??? I will triple your money if you want to sell it! LoL
    Not quite yet! Haha!!

Told him $65, he said $50 flat. I guess it was worth the risk!

For $50 , you did real well.
    That's about what I paid for mine --- 30 years ago.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greetings,

I'm late to this party But yes as stated, it's an original example and an excellent score for the price quoted.

That said, I don't provide values/valuations either (nor share my "fishing holes" for that matter) as it tends to backfire in more ways than one. The online "what's it worth?" crowd tend to bring nothing of value to this (& other) militaria forums and if you satiate their request(s) just once, they become more emboldened/insistent that the members of the forum somehow owe them a pricing service of sorts. Yes, a bit of a long-winded rant, but asking for values on this forum is akin to asking a woman over 25 how old she is, gentlemen just know not to do that

Cheers,

Lance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2