Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1918 Trench Knife

Article about: I saw a 1918 trench knife for sale and being new to the hobby I am humbly asking the community for help in determining if it is authentic. Thanks in advance for any help.

Smile 1918 Trench Knife

I saw a 1918 trench knife for sale and being new to the hobby I am humbly asking the community for help in determining if it is authentic. Thanks in advance for any help.1918 Trench Knife1918 Trench Knife1918 Trench Knife1918 Trench Knife

Greetings,

No red flags from me. Her small hands make the handle look larger than normal (wink) and their appears to be an odd (shiny) finish on the handle, but on balance, nothing screaming "Fake!" to my eyes. If you zoom in on the last image with her hand, the odd finish I mentioned glows/shines in the fonts of the cast markings, which is a strange feature, but not a showstopper for me.

Best,

V/r Lance

Thank you for taking the time to assist my quest for a trench knife Lance. The bright finish was one of my concerns.

Is the blade marked?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Ralph. Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of requesting a photo of the reverse side of the knife. If I read the "buying guide" correctly there should be no markings on the blade. Correct?

Quote by wannabeowner View Post
    Hello Ralph. Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of requesting a photo of the reverse side of the knife. If I read the "buying guide" correctly there should be no markings on the blade. Correct?
    I know you were asking Ralph, but yes, you are correct, no markings should be on the blade (whatsoever) if it remained original to the L.F.&C.'s build specifications.

Best,

V/r Lance

Thanks again. The community has been most helpful.

Hello again. I was sent a video of the knife and it did not have any markings on the blade. My many thanks for your support and yes I was the winning bidder!! I can't wait for it to arrive. Included in the auction lot was a pair of Gaitersfield leggings. I'll post better pictures when I get the items. Again I can't thank you guys enough.