Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1944 British army pocket knife

Article about: A recent purchase I got locally. Pretty happy with this as the blade besides some metal tarnish/pitting shows that at least it wasn’t heavily used after the war like some of these knives.

?

I did wonder that watchdog but I think since it’s almost a perfect straight line for left side of D and a good curve for the right side I think it is a D

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    There is also some confusion regarding the Canadian all metal clasp knife with many being made postwar and thus undated, these are often sold as wartime examples but as stated are not.
    I’ve been picking these up for the past few years when found cheap enough.
    Which is getting harder to find.

There are 2 makers of Canadian all metal sides and 3 stampings.
    OMF earliest examples seem to be 1915 with no evidence of them made post 1918, they are alway been found with the large C used during WWI. Some think they might be a Canadian Company but not 100%. At this point it is an unknown maker.
    1936-1945 manufactured by US company Case XX. Early version of the knife with aluminium sides instead of later stainless steel.
    Lastly 1946-1952 MS (Metal Stamping) a Case subsidiary made in Nova Scotia.

1944 British army pocket knife1944 British army pocket knife1944 British army pocket knife1944 British army pocket knife1944 British army pocket knife
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 06-20-2021 at 10:18 PM. Reason: attchments borke

?

Also want to say nice blade, these are fun to find and if you get lucky cheap to buy. The other problem I have noticed is you can't just buy one, so many versions and makers. Even within the same pattern there are some cool differences.
    The great pictures here made me want to go and take a picture of my entire group since I haven't done it in a few years. Almost all are from WW1 until about 1946, still a bunch I am always looking for also (looking at you British canoe shape). Also sorry the picture isn't that great it was a quick pick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3