Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Arisaka Bayonet from England?

Article about: I picked up this bayonet last week and am trying to find some definitive information concerning its history. From what I have seen so far I believe it is an early Type 30 bayonet that went t

Default Arisaka Bayonet from England?

I picked up this bayonet last week and am trying to find some definitive information concerning its history. From what I have seen so far I believe it is an early Type 30 bayonet that went to England in the 1914-1915 time frame. The stamping on the grip is similar to others I have seen that are reported to have been done by different British regiments. I cannot identify which regiment this may have been associated with. There is also what appears to be the number 51 stamped on the hilt. These markings do not match other British regimental markings I have seen though.

I also understand that the rifles and bayonets that Britain had received were then transferred to Russia and used in their war with Finland. Many of these rifles and bayonets were then captured by the Finns.

If anyone can help clarify the history on this particular piece it would be greatly appreciated.

Arisaka Bayonet from England?Arisaka Bayonet from England?Arisaka Bayonet from England?Arisaka Bayonet from England?Arisaka Bayonet from England?Arisaka Bayonet from England?

Duplicate post.