Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Assistance with possible Australian Light Horse Calvary Sword

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and input of a sword I believe to be a 1908 Australian Light Horse Calvary sword I recently acquired. My research indicates the P08 mark indicates i

Thank you Gentlemen for your interest and input. Never the less, it is still a lovely vintage Pattern 1908 cavalry sword that was produced in the Uk. I tried to get a better shot of the hand guard markings and only got the picture above. If any members could suggest a gentle way exposing the rest of the numerals/letters I would be grateful. Cheers

Quote by Bencejones View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen for your interest and input. Never the less, it is still a lovely vintage Pattern 1908 cavalry sword that was produced in the Uk. I tried to get a better shot of the hand guard markings and only got the picture above. If any members could suggest a gentle way exposing the rest of the numerals/letters I would be grateful. Cheers
    Very likely not worth the effort and/or cost, the least intrusive method I've seen used was for guns to try and recover serial numbers. Using a commercial source (posted below) or via a "do it yourself kit" that would depend on what you might have available that would be needed to make one. Such as strong rare earth magnets, a grinder etc. Best Regards, Fred

Magnetic Serial Number Restoration Kit – Precision Forensic Testing

Thanks Fred. Cheers Keith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2