Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment

Article about: Hello, I would like to introduce you to this clearly worn bayonet, M7 of the US Army. It is an early production by the manufacturer Conetta, which delivered between 1966-1968. The Scabbard i

Default Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment

Hello,

I would like to introduce you to this clearly worn bayonet, M7 of the US Army.

It is an early production by the manufacturer Conetta, which delivered between 1966-1968.

The Scabbard is marked from the mouthpiece VPCo and comes from the 1953 contract. The whole scabbard was painted over in olive. A typical overhaul or field camouflage.

The blade was given the troop identification "C 1/92 FA" = C Battery, 1st Battalion, 92nd Field Artillery Regiment with an electric pen.
    The battalion fought in the Vietnam War from 1967 to 1971.

The additional numbers 90 and 08 or 80 and 06 (?) Can be found on the handle.

Here is another interesting site

History Pages - 1/92nd FA Vietnam - Brave Cannons

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment   Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment  

Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment   Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment  

Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment   Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment  

It's really great to find it marked to a regiment like that! Thanks for sharing.

?

Interesting bayonet. I've never seen an M7 with a blade marked like that or with the pommel peened like that.

This Peen is the typical "Fingerprint" of Conetta and after 1968 of BranDan.

hi mates,

Here another M7 stamped with:
    US M7
    CONETTA

The scabbard is stamped with
    USM8AI
    P.W.H.

(Pennsylvania Working Home for the Blind)

My M7 is also a clearly worn example.

Since I'm also interested in the conflicts in Indochina / Vietnam, I was happy to have bought this M7.

When I received this M7 it was dirty and dusty, even a little rusty...
    The grip screws clearly showed that the grips had already been unscrewed.

Nevertheless, I like this M7 very much.

Can you use the stamping on the inside of the handle scales to provide further information, for example the year of manufacture?

Thanks in advance,
    R.
    Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment

Some more images of an early production "M7" "CONETTA":
    Bayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery RegimentBayonet M7 - Vietnam Era - 92nd Field Artillery Regiment

The push button is marked with:
    RAU FASTENER CO. PROV RI.

(Providence Rhode Island)