Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British/Indian knife?

Article about: This is probably a common knife, but I know nothing about these. If anyone could ID it and give an approximate value, I would appreciate it. I only have the one picture, but maybe it is enou

Default British/Indian knife?

This is probably a common knife, but I know nothing about these. If anyone could ID it and give an approximate value, I would appreciate it. I only have the one picture, but maybe it is enough.

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British/Indian knife?  

Default Chindit Knife

Greetings,

Google "Chindit Knife" and you will view similar examples. Your posted knife differs from most examples because of its antler handles. Not sure if these handles are/were an upgrade option to the more common wooden ones, but in any case they are an unusual variation and appear to have been on the knife for some time. I don't discuss values as they are quite subjective and now that you know what to search the web for, you may conduct your own research to obtain a ball park's value.

Best regards,

V/r Lance

Here in the US, that is not an easy knife to find.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks very much for the information. I'll google around--the knife name helps a lot.