Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British No.5 MkII - Radcliffe

Article about: Many years ago I bought this bayonet Opinions are welcome Thanks in advance

Thanks for your imputs, I agree, something doesn’t feel quite right but I don’t see any Poole markings either, IMO the crossguards are correct and what’s the reason of trying to turn a Poole bayonet into a Radcliffe one? , The Radcliffe bayonets are scarce, but the price I paid many years ago was very cheap

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Sorry to say guys but Im not happy at all with this one , It's an Original #5 No Doubt , but Modified to look like a Radcliffe made one.
    All I can see is Poole Post WW2 markings .
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1592611
    Rick, I don't really think Ivan's No.5 is an "upgraded" Poole...

Rick, can you please show us pictures of your bayonet in full lenght and both sides of the bayonet?

?

Double sided stamped WW2 Radcliffe bayonets do not exist . ( Real Ones anyway )

?

I'd like to know what that circular mark under the maker mark is. I don't suppose you have a no5 rifle to see if it attaches properly? What are its measurements? They should be: Blade length 200mm, overall length 298mm and muzzle ring diameter 22.7mm.

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Double sided stamped WW2 Radcliffe bayonets do not exist . ( Real Ones anyway )
    Could it be, but is there any document to support it?
    How many of the 75,000 bayonets made by Radcliff have you checked?

Another Radcliffe with circular mark

The measures match

?

What a difference lighting makes, the bayonet in your first and last post don’t look the same. I like to photograph my items outside on a sunny day but not in direct sunlight.

Without having it in hand I’m still leaning towards it being ok - that stamp on the rear of the ricasso could have been put there later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2