Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese dagger

Article about: Hi boys reaching out to you guys foe a little help . I have been offered this dagger . I don't know what it is . It has the look of a WWII chinese dagger but I can't find anything like it .

?

Default Chinese dagger

Hi boys reaching out to you guys foe a little help . I have been offered this dagger . I don't know what it is . It has the look of a WWII chinese dagger but I can't find anything like it . The lady who has it isn't sure where it came from . Sorry these are the only photos I have . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese   dagger   Chinese   dagger  

Chinese   dagger  

The best I can offer is the blade looks like it may have come from a Chinese M1907 bayonet. Possibly rebuilt at some later date as a dagger.

?

Thanks Anderson

Quote by Anderson View Post
    The best I can offer is the blade looks like it may have come from a Chinese M1907 bayonet. Possibly rebuilt at some later date as a dagger.
    I agree with my learned colleague

To me this has the look of a curio made after the fashion of a Soviet style dagger. Possibly investigating the symbology might help as it certainly does not appear communist in style.

But, bearing in mind the oriental penchant for producing pretty incredible "antiques" from scratch I feel that curio is perhaps the pigeon hole it belongs in.

If it were me and the present owner is local or reachable I would possibly take it on as a curio (on the basis that it is not totally unattractive) for a mutually acceptable price with an undertaking to pay a premium if research identifies it as an item of greater value.

Let us know if you do discover anything about it

Regards

Mark
    PS Looking at it again I am starting to think more of the Singapore / Burma sort of area rather than Chinese.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-04-2022 at 09:37 AM. Reason: ps
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Up date on dagger . The owners drug addicted grandson stole it

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Up date on dagger . The owners drug addicted grandson stole it
    Well guess what? I sense a little Karma heading his way. I expect he thinks he has a valuable antique to flog so that he can "Buy the World a Coke" but then Karma takes a turn and one of his homies kicks his head in and liberates it so that he can buy "the World a Coke". So the game continues until they eradicate themselves.

What a utopian dream, Night night children, sleep tight

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

" Looking at it again I am starting to think more of the Singapore / Burma sort of area rather than Chinese." That started me thinking Mark.

Note the Sun emblem on the pommel and grip. I recall seeing that before on the flag of Taiwan. Then I though... Kuomintang Chinese Nationalist dagger. Why not?

When the Chinese Communists won in 1948 the Kuomintang ended up in two places; Taiwan and North Burma. Up in Burma the KMT began a opium fueled drug empire exporting heroin. Talk about karma!