Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Does any one know what this is ?

Article about: A friend of mine told me he had a Nazi dagger, I asked some one i trust and he said it is not I was just wondering if any one has seen this and knows what it is ? thank you for help

Default Does any one know what this is ?

A friend of mine told me he had a Nazi dagger, I asked some one i trust and he said it is not I was just wondering if any one has seen this and knows what it is ?Does any one know what this is ?Does any one know what this is ?Does any one know what this is ?

thank you for help

?

Looks to be a Hungarian Air Force Dagger. Not my expertise. Beware of Copies. Hoping someone who knows more than I can help authenticate it.

Old thread here: Would like opinions on Hungarian Air Force Dagger...

PeterCollector Here on WRF had a thread here as well. He has an extensive collection and likely could give you wisdom: Collection of Hungarian air force and fireman daggers

Johnson Reference Books has one for sale currently if you want to check it out for comparison on this link: Johnson Reference Books
    Attached Images Attached Images Does any one know what this is ?  Does any one know what this is ?  Does any one know what this is ? 
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hello,

dagger is 100% not correct and it is fake.

Peter

I came across some hungarian air force daggers but I've seen number on front side of the blade only on fakes. The most common red flag is the eagle. Fakes doesnt have proper details there.

On this forum is also thread where are listed hungarian fake daggers: Real or fake hungarian dagger?

Sorry

Drambejz: at the first, Hungarian air force dagger do not have eagle, but the bird named Turul. And you are also not correct about the first red flag - it is not about quality of crossguard, but you can find easily by other construction details. In today´s market are several types of fakes, ins various quality - and some of them have almost perfect flawless fittings...

Peter

Here are photos of three numbered 100% authentic Hungarian Air force dagger from my collection. Please don´t talk, that numbers are only on fake daggers - authentic daggers were also numbered. I understand that these daggers are for many collectors mystery and 99,99% of all offered daggers on internet are just fakes, but authentic pieces exist despite the fact they are extremely rare and almost impossible to find.

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does any one know what this is ?   Does any one know what this is ?  

Does any one know what this is ?