Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gurkha Knife for opinions Please

Article about: I picked up a couple of Gurkha knives a few weeks back. The claim is that it was brought back from the PTO. No proof. Looks it is in very good condition. I need to find a suitable lace to pu

Default Gurkha Knife for opinions Please

I picked up a couple of Gurkha knives a few weeks back. The claim is that it was brought back from the PTO. No proof. Looks it is in very good condition. I need to find a suitable lace to put it back together. What was originally used for this purpose? I could not tell from other photos. The extra knife and I believe sharpening device is with it. How can I tell if the worm holes are still active. I cannot image they would be but would like to be sure.
    All opinions are appreciated.
    John

Gurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions PleaseGurkha Knife for opinions Please

?

I can't help with authenticity but I've wanted a military khukuri for ages. There seems to be a lot of fakes / modern replicas / tourist pieces and I've never had the knowledge to tell them apart.

Alex

I agree Alex, same reason I haven't dabbled in them.

I had a couple of others look at it before buying and they thought was period correct. In hand it does have the look and feel of being WW2 era.
    John

MAP
    ?

Regardless as to if it is military or not, it does appear to be of quality construction. Much nicer and higher quality of most that I see. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

John,
    Take a look here-----
    WW2 Kukri
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you Greg for link and Map for comments. I like it.

Greg, did you go over to the Eau Claire show today? Not much there. I picked up a nice German Police helmet but not much else.
    John

John,
    I did not make it over there.
    Been working working six 12 hour days for the last month or so.
    Hopefully I'll have the weekend of the St.Paul show off.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I would suggest that it is of the period but not military issue. With regards to the woodworm give the handles a tap, if dust comes out then it means the worms are still active