Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler pocket knife

Article about: Hello forum. I have this real nicely made two bladed pocket knife. It is marked on blade towards the hinge Solingen Germany. I see there are some made as copies. I was told the one made in S

?

Default Hitler pocket knife

Hello forum. I have this real nicely made two bladed pocket knife. It is marked on blade towards the hinge Solingen Germany. I see there are some made as copies. I was told the one made in Solingen Germany were made in the 1930's. Now the experts can help me with it being original or not. Thanks in advance. Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler pocket knife   Hitler pocket knife  

Hitler pocket knife   Hitler pocket knife  

Hitler pocket knife  

?

Odd, for being so original, these can be found for a few dollars of several websites, I wonder why they aren't marked RZM as well
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This is a post war fantasy piece. Although the blades are Solingen made this is post May 1945.

Here is an image of the knife in a sales catalog from "WW II Products Limited" catalog from the 1970's. A Similar catalog to the "Delta International" order catalogs from the same time frame.

Here are some images of other pocketknives in the same catalog, all fantasy items, post 1945.

The rivets on each end are the give-away that a separate plate was placed over a blank face of a pocketknife.

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler pocket knife   Hitler pocket knife  

+ 1....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Yep from me too. These have as mentioned above been around for decades now so some have developed a look of age but certainly not 1930s old!.

They are usually sold by sellers that say "pattern" or "style" a lot in their descriptions but these are not even slightly connected to Third Reich production. I hope you didn't pay more than a few pennies for it .

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-17-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sort of thing Jim Atwood may have commissioned in the early 1960's. But any supposed Nazi era item with "Germany" stamped on it is a huge red flag. The Fuhrer if he saw one would thump the desk and declare "Nein! Deutschland!"

?

I guess that settles it. I did not pay much for it. It looks well made and I have never seen one before. My feelings are not hurt. I learn something everyday. Thanks

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Here is an image of the knife in a sales catalog from "WW II Products Limited" catalog from the 1970's. A Similar catalog to the "Delta International" order catalogs from the same time frame.
    Smitty
    I've still got my old WW2 Products catalog somewhere.
    I'll have to dig it out and search for the knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greg,

I like to keep my copy of the WW2 Products Catalog handy when we see some of these items pop up. I knew I saw this pocketknife and the others somewhere, but I also wanted the evidence in order to provide Will some feedback and a source instead of just saying it was a reproduction/fantasy without providing the OP with some information.

I like to consider myself a scholarly academic and I enjoy providing written information to our forum members as I know you as well as many other members on here strive to do...

My copy of the book has the 2 Stuka's on the cover, although I know there is at least one other catalog with some SS Soldiers standing by a brick wall as the cover photo..

Hope you are well my friend, stay safe...

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Greg,

I like to keep my copy of the WW2 Products Catalog handy when we see some of these items pop up. I knew I saw this pocketknife and the others somewhere, but I also wanted the evidence in order to provide Will some feedback and a source instead of just saying it was a reproduction/fantasy without providing the OP with some information.

I like to consider myself a scholarly academic and I enjoy providing written information to our forum members as I know you as well as many other members on here strive to do...

My copy of the book has the 2 Stuka's on the cover, although I know there is at least one other catalog with some SS Soldiers standing by a brick wall as the cover photo..

Hope you are well my friend, stay safe...

Smitty
    I know exactly what you mean Smitty although to my mind this is one of those items so prolific that I think most collectors who have been in the hobby for more than a couple of years have seen these. In UK World Wide Arms has been hawking these off and on for years alongside all the daggers and swords they describe as "pattern", "style" "type" etc. It's the kind of thing that used to be seen in the shops with all the biker SS rings and lead copies of TR war badges before the days of the internet and collective knowledge of today!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast