Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kukuri

Article about: Hi Guys , I was given this Kukuri by a friend , it had been passed onto to him with no history about it . other that the new frog I have made for it ~ for display purposes , the knife is as

Default Kukuri

Hi Guys , I was given this Kukuri by a friend , it had been passed onto to him with no history about it . other that the new frog I have made for it ~ for display purposes , the knife is as I received it , I can't see any marks on it , but would be gratefull if any one out there could enlighten me about it's possible history ( If it has any ? ) the total length including scabbard is 44 cm or 17 1/4 inches . oh the two small knives which usualy come with kukuri ,set in back of scabbard were apparently lost a long time ago . Best Wishes Bern .KukuriKukuriKukuriKukuriKukuriKukuriKukuriKukuriKukuri

Hi Bern, Welcome to the forum.

I am really not an expert on these so this is just an opinion on my part
    so don't take this as fact.

I do not believe that this style with the large (ring?) in the middle of the handles
    to be military issue knives.

These threads might be of some interest----

Is this an "military issued" Kukri ? ? ? ......

Show your WW2 Kukri
    Last edited by Chopperman; 09-16-2023 at 08:44 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hello , Thank You so very much for your opinion and knowledge, I shall look at the threads with interest , good of you to forward them to me , when I looked at the photos , the knife is very crude and no markings , again Thank you , Best Wishes Bern

Possibly an old postwar reproduction/copy? Years ago smilar examples could be ordered directly from India at relatedly low prices - and fairly long delivery times. Best Regards, Fred

You're welcome.
    I'm glad that we could help.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hello Fred , That sounds like a good opinion , makes sense , Thank You much appriceated . Best Wishes Bern .