Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Martindale Machete

Article about: First off, Hello to all the board member and thanks for letting sign on to your forum. Need your help! I'm here in the US and attended an Estate Auction the other day and ended up purchasing

?

Default Martindale Machete

First off, Hello to all the board member and thanks for letting sign on to your forum.

Need your help! I'm here in the US and attended an Estate Auction the other day and ended up purchasing a Martindale Machete with the alligator stamp, no model number or date stamps. I'm usually pretty good at finding like item on the internet to get the info and history I'm look for until this one came along. I've searched all the key words a person would think would give you the answers but not. I've gotten close, but curved handle can be found nowhere in my searches .

The machete measures 31 inches from tip of blade to tip of handle. The leather scabbard has no markings on it at all.

Martindale Machete Martindale Machete Martindale MacheteMartindale Machete

Thanks

?

Hello,
    I can give you some further information on the manufacturer which may help you. The firm Ralf Martindale & Co. Ltd with a long history, founded I believe around 1860's produced these bush machetes in their Crocodile Works in Birmingham, England until the the end of the 1960's. The area was then redeveloped, the factory pulled down. The firm Ralf Martindale & Co. Ltd still continues to this day, based still in the West Midlands at Willenhall. If you search in this direction, I'm sure you'll find something.

?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hello,
    I can give you some further information on the manufacturer which may help you. The firm Ralf Martindale & Co. Ltd with a long history, founded I believe around 1860's produced these bush machetes in their Crocodile Works in Birmingham, England until the the end of the 1960's. The area was then redeveloped, the factory pulled down. The firm Ralf Martindale & Co. Ltd still continues to this day, based still in the West Midlands at Willenhall. If you search in this direction, I'm sure you'll find something.
    Found all that, just nothing relating to the curved handle version. Would like to find out it's age and if military or not. Thinking it wasn't military due to the lack of the Broad Arrow stamp.

Martindale Machete

They do make items for the British Army , I think yours isn't military due to the lack of military stamps