Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture

Article about: Hello everyone. I am rediscovering some stuff I collected over the years since it just been sitting in storage. I am hoping someone can provide me a close year of manufacture for this Pettib

sd8
    ?

Default Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture

Hello everyone.

I am rediscovering some stuff I collected over the years since it just been sitting in storage.

I am hoping someone can provide me a close year of manufacture for this Pettibone Brothers 1902 sword. I bought it years ago. The sword is marked "The Pettibone Bros MGF Co". Also has "Germany" marked of the top edge of the blade. I have attached lots of photos to assist anyone who may be able to identify the year.

Also wondering if the handle is man-made or possibly natural such as horn (see last photo). I ask because it looks like a possible grain to the break.

I appreciate any input you may have concerning the sword.

Thanks in advance for looking and have a good day,
    Stephen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture   Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture  

Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture   Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture  

Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture   Pettibone Bros 1902 sword looking for rough year of manufacture