Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Robeson Shuredge No. 20

Article about: I noticed the beautiful knife that Ivan posted in the thread below and I remembered I had a different type of Robeson knife in my collection. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/edged...-knife-82

?

Default Robeson Shuredge No. 20

I noticed the beautiful knife that Ivan posted in the thread below and I remembered I had a different type of Robeson knife in my collection.

USN MK 2 Robeson Shuredge knife

I always assumed this was a post war civilian knife with no date markings. It does not have USN markings like others I've seen. Does anyone know if these unmarked knives were actually used during wartime?

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20

Robeson Shuredge  No. 20
    Regards, Al

Look at:

Two Robeson USN Mark 1 Knives - EDGED WEAPONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

I think that is another similar thread in this forum

Very nice knife indeed

Nice knife Aldo. I would say that is a WW2 era knife and would have been used. People need to keep in mind that the US had their head in the sand before the attack on Pearl Harbor. The government was forced to purchase any and all commercial items they believed fit for duty use. They could have been maintaining an active army & Navy but chose not to. This was one of those items. You will also find many Western made knives that were purchased by the Government for the war. The purchased many commercial shotguns for training use as well.
    Sadly this issue still exists and we have not learned the lessons very well. My friend deployed a 3 years back and was given a $1,000 gift card to 'Cabelas", a national sporting goods store in the US, and was told to buy socks, underwear and cold weather layers before arriving to deploy.
    We must do better than that.
    John