Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Soldier's saber Austro-Hungarian model 1877 historical information

Article about: Hi everyone. looking for information about the Soldier's saber Austro-Hungarian model 1877. Looking for any historical information I will be grateful for any information. thanks Photo of the

?

Lightbulb Soldier's saber Austro-Hungarian model 1877 historical information

Hi everyone. looking for information about the Soldier's saber Austro-Hungarian model 1877. Looking for any historical information I will be grateful for any information. thanks
    Photo of the subject I'm studying here Soldier's saber Austro-Hungarian model 1877. - Google Photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier's saber Austro-Hungarian model 1877  historical information  

?

Its a austrian ugrian Light cavalry sabre for man, used mostly by Light Artillery units, mostly horse powered. some of the units are stamped on blade near guard. the discussed piece has a Wn eagle 15 proof so used in k.u.k. Army. Should be there on scabbard too, when is only 96 there so its a inventory number.

?

Repeated below

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Its a austrian ugrian Light cavalry sabre for man, used mostly by Light Artillery units, mostly horse powered. some of the units are stamped on blade near guard. the discussed piece has a Wn eagle 15 proof so used in k.u.k. Army. Should be there on scabbard too, when is only 96 there so its a inventory number.
    Yes. There is a number 96 on the scabbard. Can you tell me if you have more detailed historical information about this saber? maybe from books? interesting to know more. Thank you very much for your answer.

?

thanks' for posting it.

?

Any other stamps there? visible only one side of blade? Wn eagle 15 should be on finial of scabbard. I dont have many information about that modell, is standart light sabre, used mainly by artillery units and some technical units, there are book from M.Ortner, E.Gabriel and others that are austrian authors. The sabre was used in following states as CSR, Yugoslavia, Hungary post 1918.