Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange US/Australian machete

Article about: Anyone have an idea on this one.

Default Strange US/Australian machete

Anyone have an idea on this one.Strange US/Australian macheteStrange US/Australian macheteStrange US/Australian macheteStrange US/Australian macheteStrange US/Australian machete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange US/Australian machete  

MAP
    ?

I would guess some type of survival machete. I know I've seen something similar but can't find a match.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Greetings,

The same company made a "U.S." marked version of a machete used in India (see below). Perhaps, these "U.S." marked machetes were variants Ontario attempted to market to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) as a smaller/more portable machete. Posted images are from this thread What is this leather thing? - UNKNOWN, CAN YOU IDENTIFY? - U.S. Militaria Forum

In any case, thank you for posting this machete.

V/r Lance

Strange US/Australian machete

Guess I should have been more clear. This is a US machete cut into an Australian Vietnam era style machete. Does anyone have information on who did this conversion.