MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US M3 Trench Knife

Article about: Hello, I think that I am starting to learn more about these M3 Trench Knives, but obviously I haven't really learned all I can. I was wondering if you guys could please tell me any issues wi

?

Default US M3 Trench Knife

Hello, I think that I am starting to learn more about these M3 Trench Knives, but obviously I haven't really learned all I can. I was wondering if you guys could please tell me any issues with this knife besides the scabbard being cracked, a lot of finish loss and the leather washers not being too great condition. Normally I would just pass by it but it has a pretty sweet price for one of these.
    Sorry about the crappy photos, they aren't mine.
    Thanks a ton in advance!

US M3 Trench Knife US M3 Trench Knife US M3 Trench Knife US M3 Trench Knife US M3 Trench Knife US M3 Trench Knife US M3 Trench Knife

?

So Far So Good,
    Any pic's of the pommels top? Where the tang is peened. also any markings on the handguard?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So Far So Good,
    Any pic's of the pommels top? Where the tang is peened. also any markings on the handguard?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks for the response, Phil!
    I don't think there is any markings on the handguard, this seller never shows any pics of the pommels on M3 Trench knives though, argh! I sent him an email asking for more details on the knife, hopefully he will respond soon.

?

Not an expert on these but, Marked on blade with date is first run. Then second, just with maker like yours, The third was on the guard. So there might not be one there.
    First scabbard was the leather one, Then the M8 like yours.

The pommel is where you need to see how it was peened and if it has the flaming bomb.

Hopefully the seller can give you a pommel pic or one of the site experts can chime in.

My Imperial M3 is buried in a footlocker that is currently behind some furniture we moved to get the new tv installed.

These are reproduced and to what quality I'm not sure.
    I know we have some experts here and they will know better than I.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Does anyone else think the the pommel is too shiny?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Looks like a mk2 as Phil says.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Does anyone else think the the pommel is too shiny?
    It looks like all the metal has been cleaned

Semper Fi
    Phil

In my modest opinion, this is a legit mid production Case M3, with little or no parkerized finish left. By the pics provided maybe the blade lenght is shorter than due, and has been honed quite a lot: so not mint, but actually has seen field use.