Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Wwi trench knife

Article about: I need help in authentication of this trench knife. It appears to be a beautiful survivor with most of the factory blackening still in place. I just need confirmation. Please and thank you

Default Wwi trench knife

I need help in authentication of this trench knife. It appears to be a beautiful survivor with most of the factory blackening still in place. I just need confirmation.
    Please and thank you
    Wwi trench knifeWwi trench knifeWwi trench knifeWwi trench knifeWwi trench knifeWwi trench knife

?

I don't like it. A humped up reproduction, sorry.

I can’t help on authenticity, but maybe this thread and the links it contains could help,

The U.S. M1918 Mk. I Trench Knife Thread.

Default A Reproduction.

Greetings,

Unfortunately, this is the IMA reproduction with sheath. You can see them offered here U.S. WWI M1917 Trench Knife with Scabbard - Marked LF&C 1917 – International Military Antiques IMA and others offer mint and aged versions, which then get passed-on as "originals" when re-sold on the aftermarket (mostly online auctions). These variants (& Atlanta Cutlery is offering unmarked versions too) are made by Windlass an Indian company see here .Medieval and Historical Knives | Windlass Steelcrafts They have been coming onto the market in large quantities for the last few years and are now acquiring the requisite backstories to fool prospective buyers. Wish I had better news for you.

Below is a comparison between the knife you have posted (top) and the IMA version (bottom). There are slight differences due to the differing levels of "artificial" aging, but you can see for yourself the fonts shapes/sizes remain the same.

Best,

V/r Lance

Wwi trench knife

You guys are awesome
    Saved me a bunch of money!!!!!