Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

43rd Infantry Silver Star

Article about: I picked up a bunch of negatives at a flea market. I am attaching one of the images and will greatly appreciate any comments or thoughts. The master sergeant has a 43rd Infantry patch and wh

Default 43rd Infantry Silver Star

I picked up a bunch of negatives at a flea market.
    I am attaching one of the images and will greatly appreciate any comments or thoughts.
    The master sergeant has a 43rd Infantry patch and what appears to be a silver star.
    Based on my research the photo was taken in Germany circa 1951-1954.
    The 43rd Infantry was disbanded in 1945. Reactivated and deployed to Ausburg/Munich from 1951-1954.
    Could this sergeant have earned the silver star in another division during the war and then transferred to the 43rd when it was reactivated. Thoughts 43rd Infantry Silver Star

Great photo..

If the right sleeve was showing it would more than likely reveal the combat patch (former wartime service insignia) of the unit he may have been in when he was awarded the Silver Star.. Maybe the other negatives will have another shot of the tanker.. and yes he may have been assigned to the division when it was reactivated.. Makes sense...

I think I also see a Korean Service and United Nations Service ribbon on the bottom row. The ribbon closest to his heart is the Army of Occupation ribbon, so he may have been in either Germany or Japan.. The middle ribbon on the second row looks like it could be the European African Middle Eastern Campaign ribbon, not sure though.. just a guess...

Best regards

Smitty

Thanks for the information.
    Attached are two more photos from the negatives I picked up. I believe that the the sergeant from my first posting photo is the same guy
    as in 2nd photo but not wearing the ribbons bar.
    If these soldiers were part of a tank battalion would they still wear the 43rd Infantry Division patch on their left sleeve?
    If part of a tank battalion assigned to an infantry division would they be eligible for CIB?

43rd Infantry Silver Star43rd Infantry Silver Star