Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Angelo Bokeko

Article about: Hi Guys, I would like to introduce you this gentleman, his name is Angelo Bokeko and he is one hundred years old and will be one hundred and two on 26 April 2023. Angelo is the father-in-law

Default Angelo Bokeko

Hi Guys, I would like to introduce you this gentleman, his name is Angelo Bokeko and he is one hundred years old and will be one hundred and one on 26 June 2023. Angelo is the father-in-law of one of my close friends. Angelo was drafted in 1942 and was assigned to the 13th Armored Division known as The Black Cats as no. 1 gunner in a half track.The 13th landed in Le Havre, France on 29 January 1945 and after occupation duties they then moved to Homberg to prepare for combat under the Third Army on 5 April. At Altenkirchen it was attached to the XVIII Airborne Corps and prepared for the Ruhr Pocket operations.The attack jumped off at Honnef on 10,April and after crossing the river Sieg at Siegburg, the 13th pushed north to Bergisch Gladbach. Shifting south to Eschenau they prepared for Bavarian operations. Starting from Parsberg on 26,April they crossed the Regen river then the Danube the secured the area of Dünzling and on 28,April crossed the Isar river. Moderate to heavy resistance was met during the drive through southern Germany. They entered Braunau am Inn, Austria on 2,May and a command post was set up in the house that Hitler was born in. Preparations were made for further advances when the war in Europe ended. The 13th remained in Germany until 25,June and left France from Le Havre for home on 15 November 1945. They were moved to Camp Cook, California were they were recieving training in amphibious landings at the time of the Japanese surrender. It was inactivated on 15 November 1945 and Angelo came home.

Happy Birthday Angelo,Thank You for your service and well done.

Bill G.Angelo BokekoAngelo Bokeko
    Last edited by SHEMP H; 05-21-2023 at 02:32 AM.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

MAP
    ?

Great tribute. He looks great in his uniform!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you sir for serving!

?

Great story, thanks for sharing and Happy upcoming Birthday Mr Bokeko.