Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying these relics

Article about: I found these relics metal detecting an abandoned Canadian ww1 and ww2 military training grounds and firing range in the back yard of an arms facility that manufactured the lee enfield and s

?

Default Help identifying these relics

Help identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsHelp identifying these relicsI found these relics metal detecting an abandoned Canadian ww1 and ww2 military training grounds and firing range in the back yard of an arms facility that manufactured the lee enfield and sten rifle during ww2. Can someone help me identify what they are information about them? Here are the finds

?

I think the smaller shell is .22, which is a Rimfire cartridge and the firing pin indentation can be seen on the shell, used for small game and plinking.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying these relics   Help identifying these relics  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I was thinking it was more of a .27 bc i found .22 cases as well (rim fire) and they were a lot smaller. These are wider and long like an oversized .22LR probably sometime of .27LR its made by dominion but im not sure when it was made or any info about it.

Could also be a .22 Magnum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

The object in picture #6 is the remains of a propelling cartridge for a 2 inch mortar bomb,so be aware you could dig up a live unexploded one......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

maybe can find something here, quite longgg list with markings:
    List of military headstamps - Wikipedia

?

@pete are you talking about the round thing that says dominion regal on it? Im pretty sure thats a 12gauge shell bc it says no.12 on it i thought that grey piece of metal with the lock nut on it could be from a mortar but i have no idea.

?

Edit: sorry i meant i found one that says dominion regal no12 and one that says dominion sovereign no12 shown in that picture above

?

Hi,I could only see the #2 on it,ihe 2 inch mortar cartridge is marked no. 28.The diameter of a no. 28 is 0.672 inches,a no.12 is 0.882,so maybe I am wrong ....again.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Oh thanks! I will take some measurements and find out. It would be cool to find a mortar