Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery Badge

Article about: Hi everyone. Here's a mystery badge that a friend of my partner found amongst some Canadian naval and air force sweetheart stuff. I have done a Google on this and can't find anything. All he

Default Mystery Badge

Hi everyone.

Here's a mystery badge that a friend of my partner found amongst some Canadian naval and air force sweetheart stuff. I have done a Google on this and can't find anything. All help appreciated. Thanks

Mystery Badge

?

Interesting,
    I haven't seen one like that either.
    Maybe it's not a military badge.
    Cheers Rick

Hmmm

The first thing that comes to my mind is the U.S. Army/Navy production badge. They were awarded to workers on the home front that directly contributed to the war effort through their labor. This badge is quite a bit different then the ones I have seen though. Perhaps it's a different version?

I'm curious to hear what the other members have to say.

Best Regards- Jarret

Thanks. I was thinking that too.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Hmmm

The first thing that comes to my mind is the U.S. Army/Navy production badge. They were awarded to workers on the home front that directly contributed to the war effort through their labor. This badge is quite a bit different then the ones I have seen though. Perhaps it's a different version?

I'm curious to hear what the other members have to say.

Best Regards- Jarret
    I agree. An avenue to pursue.

The E could be for "Efficiency" Just a guess
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That was the first thing I thought of too, the Army/Navy Efficiency badge. I've just never seen any like that. Is there anything on the back, like manufacturer stamp? I wonder if a company could have had them made especially for their employees as an off-shoot of that...like a motivation within their own company to be a top producer?

CBH
    ?

You should include a photo of the back, the style of attachment pin might give some insight to date and area of manufacture.

?

a civilian war production service EXCELLENCE, production badge. I think definitely a US BADGE, WW2.

I don't believe this is US.. I am leaning more towards a Commonwealth pin.. British, Canadian, Australian...

I have 3 volumes of US Homefront/War production badge books and I didn't see this pin...

Still searching but a photo of the type of pin back would be helpful

Smitty