Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help researching a us veteran.

Article about: Hello everyone, it’s been a long time since I have posted. I am hoping someone can help me find any information on Lt Colonel Bruce A. Crayne. The only information I was able to find about

Default Need help researching a us veteran.

Hello everyone, it’s been a long time since I have posted. I am hoping someone can help me find any information on Lt Colonel Bruce A. Crayne. The only information I was able to find about the veteran was his service number, date or retirement, last rank.

The reason I am looking for the information is I found a carved Ainu bear dedicated Lt Col Crayne.

Thank you in advance,
    Kind regardsNeed help researching a us veteran.

Last edited by shortbuss55; 07-07-2021 at 08:30 AM. Reason: japan logistical command, Japan, us army

Default Bruce Ammon Crayne 1905-2002

Greetings,

As you likely know, the Japan Logistical Command SSI/Patch was worn from 28 December 1950 - 14 January 1953. As such, this bear likely dates from that time frame. I assume, CE stands for Combat Engineer?

Not a lot about LTC Crayne's military service is listed on Fold3, Ancestry.com or Newspapers.com. Found the below 1940 article, which lists some construction's supervision.

And a 1945 Dated image of him at his family's Thanksgiving meal from his family's entry on Ancestry.com. He's standing under the red dot.

Lastly, Bruce's father (Charles) served in the Army During the Spanish American war (served as a Private in the 3rd Missouri Infantry) though, I don't know if he actually deployed. Anyways, his father met an untimely death see this 1934 article.

There were a few other articles about Bruce's daughter (Fay) placing third in a talent contest and a few where his wife was mentioned visiting friends in the social pages, but little actually covering his service.

Best,

V/r Lance