Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Soldier

Article about: Hi I'm looking for any information on a Piotr Saltarski Born 23.11.1895 in Kocina Poland He was an Ensign in the Polish Infantry I'm guessing pre WW2, I found him on Polish Military Records

Default Polish Soldier

Hi
    I'm looking for any information on a
    Piotr Saltarski Born 23.11.1895 in Kocina Poland
    He was an Ensign in the Polish Infantry I'm guessing pre WW2, I found him on Polish Military Records site
    But no further information like when he served etc, was he still in Army at start of WW2
    Any help gratefully appreciated
    Cheers
    Fraser

In March 1939, Piotr Saltarski was a commander of the platoon, 1. battalion, 25. Infantry Regiment of the Polish Army. Regiment originated from the Piotrków Trybunalski (town in Poland near Łódź).
    He was probably in combat together with his unit in September 1939. Later on, during German occupation, Piotr Saltarski was appointed as a commander of the ZWZ / Armia Krajowa - Home Army Region I "Wolf" in Piotrków Trybunalski (Petrikau) town, as mentioned in this thread: Translation

Hi Tomasz
    Thanks for your information
    Would you know of any photos of him please ??
    Cheers
    Fraser

Unfortunately, there's no photo of him that I could find. I have checked online resources available and books I posses.
    One more info may be added however: Piotr Saltarski from the 25 Infantry Regiment was attached to Battalion of the National Defence in Sieradz according to the order issued on May 16, 1939. So, his early wartime career in 1939 should be connected to this unit.
    And something more - his occupational nickname was "Piotruś" and was arrested on February 26, 1943.

Thanks again Tomasz