Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

USN 4 star admiral’s silver tray

Article about: I just picked this one up. It has 4 stars for an admiral. On the back it’s initialed J O. I’m pretty sure there haven’t been very many 4 star admirals. Who did this belong to? It was m

Default USN 4 star admiral’s silver tray

I just picked this one up. It has 4 stars for an admiral. On the back it’s initialed J O. I’m pretty sure there haven’t been very many 4 star admirals. Who did this belong to? It was made by international silver co. It’s soldered silver. Serial number is 01200 and is 12 inches. Any help in finding out which admiral this belonged to would be excellent!

USN 4 star admiral’s silver trayUSN 4 star admiral’s silver trayUSN 4 star admiral’s silver trayUSN 4 star admiral’s silver trayUSN 4 star admiral’s silver trayUSN 4 star admiral’s silver tray

Sorry about the grainy pictures. They were clear on my phone

I combed through all the four star admirals and no initials for J O so I looked a few more times at the initials and I believe it says j o r. I looked for a j o r and James o Richardson came up. Now I’m getting somewhere

MAP
    ?

Nice find. Time to serve some coffee on it now
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I’ll toast to him, seemed like a bright guy that got screwed over by leadership. He essentially predicted Pearl Harbor but was denied permission to prepare the ships for an attack. He also helped in trying to find Amelia Earhart. Thanks for the reply!

Here’s a bit more info if your curious
    James O. Richardson - Wikipedia