Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Victor H Lundberg

Article about: Hello! i am searching for the service history of Victor Harald Lundberg, a swede just like me e´who emigrated to USA 1924 and enlisted in 1942. He was born i the town of Lund 27th of Septem

?

Default Victor H Lundberg

Hello!
    i am searching for the service history of Victor Harald Lundberg, a swede just like me who emigrated to USA 1924 and enlisted in 1942. (in some documents from the army they have him listed as Viktor Harold Lundberg, and later in his life he changed to Wiktor Harald Lundberg).
    He was born i the town of Lund 27th of September 1902.
    I know he was in the airforce, because of the blue lining on his service cap, a air force patch and a technicians patch on one of the sleeves.
    In one of the pockets i found an 3rd air force patch so that might be a clue?

Here is the info i have:

Name: Victor H Lundberg
    Birth Year: 1902
    Race: White, citizen (White)
    Nativity State or Country: Sweden
    State of Residence: New Jersey
    County or City: Union

Enlistment Date: 24 Jul 1942
    Enlistment State: New Jersey
    Enlistment City: Newark
    Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
    Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
    Grade: Private
    Grade Code: Private
    Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
    Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
    Source: Civil Life

Education: Grammar school
    Civil Occupation: Nursery and landscaping laborers
    Marital status: Single, without dependents
    Height: 65
    Weight: 125

Victor H Lundberg

His service number was 32451463
    Sometime after the war he once again returned to Sweden and is now burried in Lund.
    I was given his jacket a couple of years ago and are now researching his history, and would especially like to know what outfit he belonged to.

Thankfull for any help.
    Joakim

?

Here are an additional picture, where you can se his service nr.
    Victor H Lundberg

Greetings Joakim,

I doubt he served outside of the continental United States as there was no manifests available of him departing from/returning to the US during WWII. Below, is an article From the Tampa Bay Times May 19, 1945. At the very end, underlined in red is his name, rank, and correct branch of service; enough of a coincidence that I believe it is your Veteran. Due to being over 42 years of age, he would have been allowed an early discharge (note, how the article discusses the 110 point overseas/combat veterans & then, lists the over 42 years of age men). As a US Army Air Force Mechanic, he could serve at a Stateside fighter pilot's training base (in this case, Pinellas Army Air Field) and his age would have been of little consequence. You may Google that Airfield's name and view some of the training units stationed there during the war. Unfortunately, I could view no documentation of his with a specific unit listed on it.

Best,

V/r Lance

Victor H Lundberg

?

Wow! Thank you so much Lance! This is so cool!
    Could i ask you to send me this picture without the red line. I want to print it and keep with the uniform.

/Joakim

As requested.

Best,

V/r Lance

Victor H Lundberg

?

Thanks once again Lance! If i manage to find anything more about Mr Lundberg I will share it here!