Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Wilfred Canada Brown and "Black 6" Hendon

Article about: Here is a photo of Wilfred "Canada" Brown, an RCAF Pilot from out West here in Canada..low marks on all his Courses but he must have been a Great Pilot as he got though all the tra

?

Default Wilfred Canada Brown and "Black 6" Hendon

Here is a photo of Wilfred "Canada" Brown, an RCAF Pilot from out West here in Canada..low marks on all his Courses but he must have been a Great Pilot as he got though all the training.
    When he got to England he landed a Spitfire 10 feet off the runway...did some damage...got fined 13 shillings but was "Very Sorry" so they shipped him off to fly in North Africa with 112 Squadron....Shark Squadron...he shot down a few Germans...had his scalp split with a German 20 MM round ect, he is the Airman that shot down BLACK 6 now in Hendon.. I have the letters Medals ect...he was not vain..he let others fininsh off A/C that he had damaged so they could gain confidance...I would have Loved to have met him...however in 43 he was shot down by ground Fire over Italy...and has no know Grave

He is My Better Halfs Great Uncle His sister is still alive at 96, and she Remembers him. There are a couple of websites about him

Dean O
    Canada

Wilfred Canada Brown and "Black 6" HendonWilfred Canada Brown and "Black 6" Hendon

?

He lived in amazing times doing amazing things Dean.

Would you like to post a picture of his medals?

Oz