Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Air Raid Warden info

Article about: Hi all... I have only recently discovered that my Uncle was Chief Warden in my home town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire, and I just wondered if anybody might be able to help with some research. I

?

Default WW2 Air Raid Warden info

Hi all... I have only recently discovered that my Uncle was Chief Warden in my home town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire, and I just wondered if anybody might be able to help with some research. I have no photos unfortunately, but have been shown this document and a wooden sign from his Warden office door!

Does any body know what the numbers mean? I guess they could be completely unrelated, but I wondered if they were area or district codes possibly...has anybody seen anything similar?
    Any help really appreciated as ever... kind regards, Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Air Raid Warden info   WW2 Air Raid Warden info  

I think you are on the right track re some kind of area code.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks very much Adrian - I'll keep digging. Perhaps I'll have a wander down to the local library when restrictions allows. I've also just found a helpful website - Home, which has loads of info. Thanks again

Shaune,

The County library is usually the best bet. We got considerable information of both the ARP and Home Guard for one of our projects, (Digging Dad's Army) from the County Library then augmented it with info' from the National Archive.

R

It may be worth contacting Derbyshire Record Office.

Derbyshire Record Office | The National Archives

?

Thank you for the pointers everyone - I'll get in touch with the Record office ASAP and post if I find anything conclusive.
    I wonder if Ashbourne was 'Town' 41, possibly...