Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

3 Ton Half Track Project

Article about: On this thread I intend to show the restoration of the parts I have and anymore I collect in the future. Have still not decided which direction to take, SdKfz 251 or SdKfz 11, that is why at

Not even thinking about a chassis at the moment, do not have the storage space. Also waiting for someone to start making replica chassis's which should be cheaper than originals. So I am only collecting parts that I can store.

The armour for under the rear doors arrived today, very complete but a little bent in a couple of places. Will need a lot of heat to make straight, due to it's thickness. Still awaiting a couple of smaller parts that are coming in another parcel. Have attached a couple of pictures and one other to show where it is located, circled in red.

3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project

Hopefully a chasis will be yours in the near future, I certainly hope so.

In the meantime, just keep your postman busy

Awesome work. Don't give up

Santi

Things have been a bit quiet since the last update, not much happening on the restoration front, just to cold.

Still been keeping a lookout for parts. Bought another complete swing arm, with housing, which arrived last week and a plate for the front wheel suspension system.

The housing is the third type that I have seen and must be a late war example.

3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project

Quote by Granatwerfer View Post
    3 Ton Half Track Project
    Bet you cant wait for this to be outside YOUR house!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Have finally managed to get the last of the six wheel sets painted. Still not happy with rust situation on the rear wheel, will just have to wait and see if the rust returns.

Next restoration project will be the bonnet doors, but that will not be for a while yet as I have a couple of smaller project to do. Non 251 related.

3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project

Dos
    ?

Great! I've been following this thread for some time now and am happy to see you updating. I recently visited the Arnhems War Museum 40-45. I think i saw some parts lying around from the German 3 ton Half-Track. I don't know if you are still in need of parts, but perhaps he has some parts or some contacts that can acquire them for you. I will link you the website below, His contact information is on the bottom of the homepage.

Authentiek | Arnhems Oorlogsmuseum | Arnhem

-Dos

...interesting article on collecting “Rust” in this months Britain At War..... ;-)

Have made a start on restoring the armour plate that is fitted under the rear doors . A friend, a couple of weeks ago, managed to get the bent main parts of the armour straightened for me. So I thought why not make a start as it is in pieces anyway. Bonnet doors after this hopefully.

3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast