Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Falaise Jagdpanther Unit Marking

Article about: Just been searching for more info on this , 2 Jagdpanthers from this unit were knocked out by Scots Guards Churchills of 6th Guards Armoured Brigade during Operation Bluecoat , south of Caum

Thanks for the research Paul.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Just been searching for more info on this , 2 Jagdpanthers from this unit were knocked out by Scots Guards Churchills of 6th Guards Armoured Brigade during Operation Bluecoat , south of Caumont near Hill 226 .

The Wessex Wyverns were involved in Operation Bluecoat as part of XXX Corps , the 2 Jagdpanthers had been blown up by their own crews following them being disabled due to destruction of their tracks and suspension !!
    Excellent research Paul! I noticed the only real damage to be seen was a possible small shell strike on one of the left hand side road wheels and some small arms damage on a wheel behind that, so the self destruction of this new design on the battlefield makes sense. I wonder if this occured after the Bergepanzer was knocked out in a doomed recovery mission?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Excellent research Paul! I noticed the only real damage to be seen was a possible small shell strike on one of the left hand side road wheels and some small arms damage on a wheel behind that, so the self destruction of this new design on the battlefield makes sense. I wonder if this occured after the Bergepanzer was knocked out in a doomed recovery mission?
    We can but speculate..... which is part of the fun

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4