Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

german war booty in iraq

Article about: This piece is one of at least six of the same german artillery pieces which are placed around the tomb of the unknown soldier in Baghdad , Also several amercian pieces ww11, which are the ai

Default german war booty in iraq

This piece is one of at least six of the same german artillery pieces which are placed around the tomb of the unknown soldier in Baghdad ,
    Also several amercian pieces ww11, which are the airportable and several british 25pdr, i presume picked up after the second world war eneded to be used for a time in other smller conflicts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german war booty in iraq  

Default Re: german war booty in iraq

Thanks for posting the photograph. This is a German 10,5cm lFK 18/39 I moved from Taji to Baghdad. I moved four of this type and restored them in the A Battery 26 TAB motor pool at Camp Liberty in 2005. I also rebuilt two British 3.7 Inch WW1 Era Mountain Howitzers and Four Italian Melara’s. All of these were donated to the Iraqi Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I have attached a few photos of this in progress.

CW2 Ralph Lovett
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german war booty in iraq   german war booty in iraq  

german war booty in iraq   german war booty in iraq  

Dave and Ralph, nice shots and thanks for clearing up the time frame I was there in 04 and left in March of 05 and didn't remember them being there. At least I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing my brain cells aren't fried. Brings back memories. Thanks again, John

Nice work Ralph

Cheers, Ade.

Great work ralph, and nice to see you on this forum ,i have visited your site, for research on artilary limbers, and you do have a great collection, and i may need your advice in the furture, all the best...

This army has an indomitable spirit and it is determined to vanquish all enemies and never to yield. No matter what the difficulties and hardships, so long as a single man remains, he will fight on.

My hat off to you sir, my son has shown me pictures of thermometers of 123* temp's in the shade and I see your working out side rebuilding those pieces. They look great.