Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

My Tiger I Relic collection

Article about: Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been fascinated by the infamous Tiger I. Right around the time when I was in the 2nd grade or so me and father watched the great movie Kelly’s Hero’s

Just got a really cool Tiger part in the mail today. Fellow member 'RustyRelics' was kind enough to offer this part to me, and we ended up working out a trade. This part actually comes from the same seller in Ukraine that some of my other parts were sourced from. This is yet another Tiger relic from the Korsun pocket.

This is a fragment from the breech of the main gun. Despite its size it definitely has some weight to it. My scale is telling me this part weighs right at 10 pounds. There’s still a fair amount of original German paint left on this fragment. It certainly hasn’t been cleaned or restored, but the piece isn’t in all that bad of a condition. So I’m just going to leave it as-is and not paint it. If anything, in the future I may coat this with some ren wax.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Hello gentlemen,

The underneath of the cupola.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Hello gentlemen,

Other scarce pièces for Panther-Jagdpanther :
    In the attached photos, You can see small removable pads that clip onto the track pads for better traction in soft or snowy terrain. You can set as many as you want depending of course on availability. In my collection I only have 10 at the moment.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Thanks for the pictures of the cupola Carfin, much appreciated.

I recently went on a small Tiger relic shopping spree. The first part to arrive in the mail is a pretty awesome example.

This fragment of rubber comes from one of the many road wheels the tiger utilized. Each tiger had a total of 24 road wheels per side. Only the early/mid production Tigers used rubber tires though. Late production Tigers used steel road wheels with no rubber. Due to the stronger tolerances of the later wheel design, late Tigers only needed 16 wheels per side.

This is yet another Tiger relic recovered from Ukraine. The Tiger it belonged to was most likely destroyed in the Cherkassy pocket. The majority of the rubber tire was recovered, but the relic hunter cut it into sections so it could be sold in multiple lots. I picked this particular section due to the markings on it.

It feels kind of odd seeing the continental logo on this. I work at an auto shop and this is a brand I commonly sell

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Full Tiger 1 restoration series

At last, a Tiger being fully restored, in a set of videos, from the Australian Armour and Artillery Museum.

Absolutely superb!

The Workshop:

In the Workshop - TIGER SERIES - YouTube

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Full Tiger 1 restoration series

At last, a Tiger being fully restored, in a set of videos, from the Australian Armour and Artillery Museum.

Absolutely superb!

The Workshop:

In the Workshop - TIGER SERIES - YouTube
    Thanks Jarret - Kurt and the boys up north in Queensland are doing great things - now they are ALSO doing a static Jagdpanther, a running Stug 3G, a Goliath and all really detailed showing just how big a job it is resurrecting these beasts from piles of scrap steel - WELL worth following!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Absolutely amazing restoration on the Tiger and it's going to be a "runner" too

After a very lengthy wait, I have some new Tiger relics in the collection. These were all sourced from wrecks in Ukraine. Specifically speaking, the Korsun pocket.

I purchased these relics before Christmas, but they are just now arriving. I’m not sure if it was the holiday season, or the current climate in Ukraine that slowed down the shipment. Could be a combination of both I suppose.

None of these relics appear to have been de-rusted or cleaned up. Small amounts of original paint has survived as well. Since nothing is heavily rusted I’ve decided to leave them as is.

Locking Latch Guide From Radio Operator’s Hatch & Mounting Bolt From Main Gun Sleeve

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Armored Skirt Support Fragment & S Mine Launcher Mount From Rear Corner Of Tank

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

?

Really interesting reading, thanks.

I have this monster in our basement about 110-130 kilos including part of the front barrel, it came from outside of Berlin.

I was told it's possibly from a StuG, but how can it be established - from measurements?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection  

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast