Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

My Tiger I Relic collection

Article about: Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been fascinated by the infamous Tiger I. Right around the time when I was in the 2nd grade or so me and father watched the great movie Kelly’s Hero’s

Hi,
    The piece of Tiger II that I have is a 40mm thick piece from the floor armour, its has a chamfered edge and welding still attached. It came from Tiger "301" of 3/503 lost just north of the River Seine in early September 1944. I was taken to the site by a local collelctor I knew and dug a little into the earth and there is was with other bits and pieces, I was only allowed to take this one piece.

After the war 301 was intact, but the French Army packed it with munitions found in the local area and blew it up, but I believe someone was either injured or killed during that explosion, the turret landed in the next field and remained their for several years, the blown up hull pieces were removed for scrap, but as the floor armour was forced into the ground most of it remained in situ to be found later, albeit in fragments like my fragment.

The running vehicle is a 1943 BMW R75, use it at least once each week.

cheers

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Hello
    I saw your topic and was surprised that there is someone who collects parts like me.
    If the author does not mind, I will add a photo of my collection and we can discuss incomprehensible spare parts. Thank you very much for your attention

I can't figure out how to add a photo to a chat

Quote by Evgen 1983 View Post
    I can't figure out how to add a photo to a chat

Hello Evgen .....

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

First of all I can help you with defining your details.
    Let's start with the metal part with the triangle:
    as you know, in tiger 1, the engine compartment is divided into three sections by two partitions.
    Your sheet of metal is one of the partitions through which the shaft passes to the fan, and the triangle is the attachment of the middle gearbox between the motor and the fan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

Attached Images Attached Images My Tiger I Relic collection 

this part is a section of the rim of the rear lazy wheel
    I managed to collect one full circle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

As for the washers, you are absolutely right - this is the torsion bar mounting washer. In the diagram, they are marked with numbers 2,3 and have differences in diameter (you will understand how it looks when you find a second one in a different size).
    Also torsion bar bolt number 4
    The lunar lever is a part from the upper gearbox of the Maybach HL230 engine

Attached Images Attached Images My Tiger I Relic collection 

Usually large bulletproof bolts are branded by the Verbus company
    I will show you, using my bolts as an example, where to look for this mark (I apologize in advance for the bad language, if there are inaccuracies, then this is because of the translator)

now I will show you my tiger way and how I managed to arrange my little museum

…..

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast