Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One for Ralph. Kubinka Panther being run.

Article about: Hi Guys, Just saw this on another forum and was reminded that Ralph's dad used to serve in one of these beasts! So I thought I'd post it here for him and the membership to take a look at, as

Default One for Ralph. Kubinka Panther being run.

Hi Guys,

Just saw this on another forum and was reminded that Ralph's dad used to serve in one of these beasts! So I thought I'd post it here for him and the membership to take a look at, assuming it hasn't been done already! Obviously it's not 100% original, some parts are missing, others replaced with modern parts and the paint in places may be a bit off, but let's not worry too much about that, at least it's a runner and that's what counts!!

It certainly gives you a taste of what it was like to live and fight in such a claustrophobic space, and that's without the worry of being fired upon.... It surely must have took some guts and a cool head under extreme conditions that is hard to imagine these days.

This Panther is one of two at the Kubinka Tank Museum, I believe both are runners, as are many other of their exhibits, which is a great credit to them.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Jeez who got the presenter dressed!.....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Jeez who got the presenter dressed!.....
    Haven't you heard??? The Ukrainian pro Russian rebel commander look is currently all the rage.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

and can't decide who gets to drive the Panther...
    Attached Images Attached Images One for Ralph. Kubinka Panther being run. 

?

Thank you Ned. The V is my favorite Panzer. It would have been nice to know what the guy was saying but this would not have been the first time I was looking at eyecandy and somebody was talking and I didn't hear a word they said. Yeah I'm married!!

Awesome!!!!! Thanks again
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Great link Ned , very interesting to be able to see some of the interior , as well as hearing the Maybach purring !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Very good. Thanks Ned. A late Ausf G.

They have tried to make the presenter look like a wartime Soviet tanker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thumbs up

Fascinating stuff !

I can live with all the imperfections - it's a rare chance to see inside the Panther, and to hear it. Heck - the background even looks like the Eastern Front !

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very good. Thanks Ned. A late Ausf G.

They have tried to make the presenter look like a wartime Soviet tanker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Is that rhyming slang Ade?......

Thanks for posting Ned!
    I have seen this video before but always enjoy seeing and hearing it another time. Now it has been saved somewhere that I can always go to see it again whenever I like.
    Can't imagine what it would have been like being in there with detonations and gun fire going off all around, rounds bouncing off the armor etc. I am sure that my father trained in a panzer IV, but he was also in the Panther and a Tiger later. One of them, he was the only to get out alive.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast