Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap (or on maybach engine etc inside)

Article about: Hello HEAVY Panzer or Tank fans !!!!!!!!!!!! Tiger 1 or King tiger ? I this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap (or on maybach engine etc inside) Do you recognise this

Default Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap (or on maybach engine etc inside)

Hello HEAVY Panzer or Tank fans !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap (or on maybach engine etc inside) PHOTO of it fitted NEEDED !!!!!!!!!
    Do you recognise this as a German component ?

I would be Very Grateful of anyones help to identify or clue to what country manufatured it as the very least !! : )
    Please see attached images.

Kind regards, Jon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap  (or on maybach engine etc inside)   Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap  (or on maybach engine etc inside)  

Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap  (or on maybach engine etc inside)   Tiger 1 or King tiger ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted under an exterior cover/cap  (or on maybach engine etc inside)  

I don't think that piece is from one of the big cats (Tiger/Panther).

There's nothing like that on the engine deck or rear plate.

Could possibly be from a Sturmgeschütz??

After I washed it , it had areas of red primer, please ignore the tan colour as I believe it to be earth/rust mix stuck on top of the item. I believe it to originally be just red primer all over, with no other colour on top and fitted to something inside and under an armoured cover on the engine deck for example.
    It could be a fuel tank level indicator cap which would have been fitted to the top of a tank with some kind of long strip (possibly bimetallic) or tube reaching down into the tank , as there is a perfectly round hole for a wire to come through the cap on the side we can't see in the photos.

Jon

?

Maybe cover on rear plate for track tensioning (moving idler wheel) for Tiger or Panther?
    Looks similar