Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What type of vehicle?

Article about: Hello I dive on ships sunk during ww2. On a German cargo ship sunk in 1945 off the Swedish West Coast I took a photo of a vehicle. It is pretty worn down but anyone who can tell what type of

Hakansson
    ?

Default What type of vehicle?

Hello
    I dive on ships sunk during ww2. On a German cargo ship sunk in 1945 off the Swedish West Coast I took a photo of a vehicle. It is pretty worn down but anyone who can tell what type of vehicle it is?

/Erik
    OptimalaDyk.se

What type of vehicle?

?

Default Re: What type of vehicle?

Need more photos for a positive ID. How many wheels did it have?

Could be anything from an Opel Blitz to one of the big German truck half tracks. Could even be a captured allied vehicle?

Hakansson
    ?

The vehicle was placed at the bottom of one of the cargo holds. There was to much silt to see the wheels. I have attached another photo. You can see the seat behind the weel. Only one seat?

What type of vehicle?

?

Way too indistinct to match anything I know I'm sorry.

One thing I can see is there don't appear to be any gear levers or sticks? And I might be wrong but is that a rotting timber frame to the left of the photo? Could be something like a crane cab maybe?

Need a profile picture, but can't exactly just say to pop down the corner and take some more photos :P

What kind of depth were you working at? Best I've done on a tank is 23m!

Quote by Hakansson View Post
    Hello
    I dive on ships sunk during ww2. On a German cargo ship sunk in 1945 off the Swedish West Coast I took a photo of a vehicle. It is pretty worn down but anyone who can tell what type of vehicle it is?

/Erik
    OptimalaDyk.se

What type of vehicle?
    It looks a lot like Thunderbird 4. Stand by for action....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What type of vehicle?  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.