MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?

Article about: First of all, I apologize for the images. I know, the bicycle is upside down and the photos are ugly, forgive me !. But this is the best I could do because the old owner of the bike didn't w

Default Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?

First of all, I apologize for the images. I know, the bicycle is upside down and the photos are ugly, forgive me !. But this is the best I could do because the old owner of the bike didn't want me to touch it. He wants to sell it and has asked me to make an offer. It's difficult I know, but the bicycle is practically only dusty, himself (when it was a boy) took it away from a warehouse abandoned by German soldiers (Southern Italy), it has a felgrau color with a nice patina, it has practically remained untouched all these years! Strangely I noticed that there is no upper horizontal tube (it would always be a military bike for women), but this would not be explainable except with a civil supply to the army and that they included bicycles for men and women in the supply. Or that they were supplied to some special repart, the lack of the tube, in fact, allowed you to quickly get off the bike, but as much as I searched on the internet I have not even seen a Bauer military bike without a top tube ... Can you help me, is there someone informed who can give me information? Can you tell me how much can I offer for this bike? Thank you in advanced.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?   Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?  

Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?   Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?  

Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?   Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?  

Is this a ww2 Truppenrad?  

This is just a civilian bike, not military.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It was common for the German army to either commandere or purchase civillian bikes in occupied countries as and when their own military issue bikes began to wear out. The bicycle being used mainly by the recon batallions.