Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estonian T-34-76

Article about: Gents, I'm in need of any information you might have regarding the Beute T-34 pulled from a swamp in Estonia in 2000 or 2002 (I don't have my notes with me at the moment!). I have photos and

Default Estonian T-34-76

Gents,
    I'm in need of any information you might have regarding the Beute T-34 pulled from a swamp in Estonia in 2000 or 2002 (I don't have my notes with me at the moment!).
    I have photos and screen captures from Rense.com and a couple of other low res photos taken at the beginning of its restoration but I really need some better photos of the hull and turret - especially [I][B]before[I][B] the restoration began.
    Specifically, I'm hoping to get clearer images of the slogan painted on the loader's side of the turret and the extra fuel cell brackets.
    Is there a website that covers the beast or additional posted photos somewhere?\

Thanks!

Mark

?

Default Re: Estonian T-34-76

I have some of the pictures , I will scan them, but I lost most of them, I will scan the rest, if it will help you.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I have some of the pictures , I will scan them, but I lost most of them, I will scan the rest, if it will help you.
    Absolutely! And thank you very much!

Among the things I'm trying to figure out are the slogan on the loader's side of the turret (I have a translated article that mentions "The enemy will not escape retribution") and details of the retainers for the extra fuel cells. Of course, the more information I have on the tank in general the better!
    Estonian T-34-76

Quote by Mark Rethoret View Post
    Among the things I'm trying to figure out are the slogan on the loader's side of the turret (I have a translated article that mentions "The enemy will not escape retribution")
    It's translated as "For Soviet Estonia", some of these tanks had it also written in Estonian: "Nõukogude Eesti eest!".

Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    It's translated as "For Soviet Estonia", some of these tanks had it also written in Estonian: "Nõukogude Eesti eest!".
    Yes, that much I understand BUT that is also the tank commander/gunner's side of the turret.
    It's the [I]other[I] side I really would like to see (along with any other new photos of the tank!

A slightly more complete version of the previous image:
    Estonian T-34-76

Mark

I cannot afford any newer images of that tank, but as seen here Militaarne Hiiumaa both Russian and Estonian slogans were located on the same side of the turret. Here some pics from 2007: https://picasaweb.google.com/amevier/Narvakad

There's another tank in another Estonian private museum and it has the slogan in both languages on one side, too: DELFI Pilt > Pilt > Lagedi 039

Some more pictures of this swamp-tank, made probably some 5-10 years ago: Eesti kitsarpmelised raudteed

Here is an photo of the text, on a T-34/85 in Estonia. A private museum owner owned this.

Estonian T-34-76

?

As I remember, there was inscription in Russian: Враг не уйдёт от мести нашей, which means- The enemy won't escape from our revenge
    Unfortunately I lost all of the pictures I've made in 2000 year
    Just one I still have
    Estonian T-34-76
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Pictures from Estonian State Archive, some are period, some from 1946.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonian T-34-76   Estonian T-34-76  

Attached Images Attached Images Estonian T-34-76  Estonian T-34-76  Estonian T-34-76  Estonian T-34-76  Estonian T-34-76  Estonian T-34-76 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast