Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

motorcycle TIZ-AM 600

Article about: Does one of you guys have such a bike in his collection or knows one somewhere in a museum or other collection? any pictures available? Ivan

I also have the side car that belongs to the bike, but that one is stored separately.
    I bought it here in Belgium, many many years ago, and he got it from east Europe, but can't remember from where!!! too long ago :-))

I also think these are quite rare. At least they are over here, because I only know about just one other bike like this in Belgium.
    I'm thinking about selling it, but not sure yet!! It's a great looking bike, but I haven't got the time anymore to ride with it, and it's not exactly my collecting field!! can't keep it all !!!! anyone an idea about what it would be worth?

Great bike, I would love to be able to restore an unusual piece like that.

As for the blue paint, I have seen many such paintjobs coming out of the former USSR. Given the shortage of all motor transport in the post war years and the huge amount of ex soviet and captured wehrmacht vehicles pressed into civilian service I think this is what passed for "demilitarisation" and as we know there was such a choice of things like paint that one could choose absolutely any colour that was "available" ie blue, blue or blue
    I think I would have preferred blue

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

thanks for the comments!!
    It's a great looking piece of history, have had a nice offer already, but it's not easy to let it go. I drove with it some years ago, not planning to fire it up again, but still...

agree about the blue paint LOL :-) :-)

Quote by langemarck View Post
    thanks for the comments!!
    It's a great looking piece of history, have had a nice offer already, but it's not easy to let it go. I drove with it some years ago, not planning to fire it up again, but still...

agree about the blue paint LOL :-) :-)
    Of course you must decide. But, if you are a motorcylclist (I guess you must be) just think how great it would be to ride this restored at a show (Ciney maybe). Then, having had the fun you would get a much better price if you still needed to sell it! I would love the chance if I could afford it. For me it would be a BSA M20, maybe when I retire

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2