Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)

Article about: Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside) PHOTO of it fitted NEEDED !!!!!!!!!

Default Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)

Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)
    PHOTO of it fitted NEEDED !!!!!!!!!
    Do you recognise this as a Russian component on anything ?

I would be Very Grateful of anyone's help to identify or clue to what country manufactured it as the very least !! : )
    Please see attached images.

Kind regards, Jon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)   Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)  

Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)   Russian tank armoured cover/cap ? Is this a cover/cap that may be fitted on outside of tank or under an exterior cover/cap (or even on engine etc inside)  

I have just washed it , it had areas of red primer, please ignore the tan colour as I believe it to be earth/rust mix stuck on top of the item. I believe it to originally be just red primer all over, with no other colour on top and fitted to something inside and under an armoured cover on the engine deck for example.
    It could be a fuel tank level indicator cap which would have been fitted to the top of a tank with some kind of long strip (possibly bimetallic) or tube reaching down into the tank , as there is a perfectly round hole for a wire to come through the cap on the side we can't see in the photos.

Jon