Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet SU-100 Tank Destroyer

Article about: A couple of SU-100 (Samokhodnaya Ustanovka 100) tank destroyers I photographed in both the Great Patriotic War Museum Moscow and the Artillery Museum St Petersburg. This Tank Destroyer is a

Default Soviet SU-100 Tank Destroyer

A couple of SU-100 (Samokhodnaya Ustanovka 100) tank destroyers I photographed in both the Great Patriotic War Museum Moscow and the Artillery Museum St Petersburg.
    This Tank Destroyer is a particular favourite of mine.

The SU-100 arrived in operational units in October 1944 and immediately became popular with Russian crews. It was able to defeat almost every German tank on the battlefield, only to be outmatched in 1945 by the King Tiger. It became instrumental in fending off German units during Operation Frühlingserwachen at Lake Balaton in Hungary, March 1945, and helped the great offensives in Eastern Prussia. Some were even found fighting in the streets of Berlin due to their awesome bunker-piercing capabilities, despite the fact they were never designed for infantry support.

If anyone has any more photos please post as these beauties are relatively scarce

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet SU-100 Tank Destroyer   Soviet SU-100 Tank Destroyer  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great pictures Nick ,thanks for sharing
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Great pictures Nick ,thanks for sharing
    I'll second that.

Havana....tho' it might be an '85.....I'm sure someone will tell me.....defo Cuba tho!

Soviet SU-100 Tank Destroyer

Looks like a 100 to me...

SU-85

SU-100 tank hunter (1943)
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem