Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

T 34 post ww2 casualities and use

Article about: Take a look at interesting pictures IDF ARMOR

Default Re: T 34 post ww2 casualities and use

this was originally posted by sturmhunter but i thought you might like to see it again.eddyPanoramio - Photo of Old Tanks Cemetery

CMc
    ?

It's interesting to read about these tanks finding a new career in later wars, thanks for sharing this information with us. A parallel existed with aircraft used in the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, where Egyptian Supermarine Spitfires fought against Israeli Avia S199s, which were Czechoslovakian post war versions of the Messerchmitt BF109! Unfortunately the Israeli Bf 109s had a reputation as a bit of a lash up, with rotten handling caused by the unavailability of the original BF 109G's Daimler Benz engines, which meant a Junkers Jumo model used in the Heinkel 111 bomber was substituted, completely unbalancing the aircraft in the process.

my family is palestinian and i lived in the west bank for a year or so.

its really creepy seeing these pictures. i dont even know how to explain it. i guess that when you have family history directly tied into this conflict you develop a unique perspective.

i got chills looking at the T34 with arabic writing on the side of it. i dont even know why.

totach7
    ?

T 34 GOLAN 1967

IDF ARMOR ??? ??????-??"?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T 34 post ww2 casualities and use  

totach7
    ?

T 34 Commanding and control captured in Sinai

IDF ARMOR ??? ??????-??"?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T 34 post ww2 casualities and use  

Their service didn't end in the 6 day war. There have been reports from the Gulf war in 1991, that Abrahams didn't just encounter T-60's but T-34/85s which were in service with the Iraq army, obviously they were destroyed, however, there are still some in service with other Middle-Eastern countries TODAY!!!

Great and wonderful photos .................... !

As a teenager in the 70's, I worked one summer for an Israeli
    cabinet maker who drove a tank in the Six Day War.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4