Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum

Article about: Last time I was in Moscow I went to the Central Armed Forces Museum, which was excellent (though nothing available in any language other than Russian). Very impressive museum and while walki

Default Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum

Last time I was in Moscow I went to the Central Armed Forces Museum, which was excellent (though nothing available in any language other than Russian). Very impressive museum and while walking around I noticed someone go through a door to the back of museum. I wasn't sure if it was ok to go there, but I went anyway and found a park full of tanks, artillery, helicopters and aircraft. Here are a few pictures of the tanks in the first section.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum   Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum  

Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum   Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum  

Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum   Tanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum  

Great pics...thanks for sharing...although it looks like you had a bit of trouble with the sun/light......when we went we had a slightly different problem!
    :-)

Tanks at the Central Armed Forces MuseumTanks at the Central Armed Forces MuseumTanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum

Great pictures, it's nice to actually see what was out the back, much of it was obscured when I visited. I was glad to get a view of the KV-2, there was a gap in the shed at Kubinka and the guide told us that it was on loan to this museum

Tanks at the Central Armed Forces MuseumTanks at the Central Armed Forces MuseumTanks at the Central Armed Forces Museum

It's a surprisingly good museum, lots of weapons, camouflage, helmets and wreckage from Gary Power's U-2

As you say, it's a shame everything is in Russian

- - ------- - -

Sorry for the double post, don't know what happened there.

Thief!!!!! :-)