Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wartime Motor Cycles I have photographed around Europe

Article about: There are Soviet, German, American and British bikes in these photos. I wasn't sure which forum to post them but as most are Soviet I have put them here.

Great photos! Whats the story with the armed Scooter? Very cool!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

..that's in Saumur ( I think that's where I saw it)...I can remember thinking that it'd go faster if the gun pointed the other way (altho I quite expect an Ordinance geek to tell me that it's recoilless so that wouldn't help!) :-)

'great way to get through traffic tho!

mpw
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I love the Harley WLA and WLC 45, the engines are so tough and simple. I see a Moto Guzzi in there too, a bike i've owned with the worst electrical system known to man!!
    I agree with the Guzzi electrics. Makes the British Joseph Lucas (prince of darkness) electrics to be faultless in comparison.

Not trying to hijack the thread but where the FREAK is that helmet pyramid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Motor Cycles I have photographed around Europe  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread but where the FREAK is that helmet pyramid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That the awesome Lenreserv Museum in St Petersburg. Those helmets are quite a sight!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The armed scooter is a Piaggio Vespa TAP

Piaggio Vespa 150 TAP - Wikipedia

Best regards
    Gabriele

Too true Gunny, Italian electrical woes extended to their cars as well, certainly those made in the 60's and 70's.

?

Excellent photo's Gent's. Love the Hog's!
    Good eye Paul. I caught that one. A guy I knew in Philly had one. It was my first time seeing that type of slanted outward heads on a bike. Makes them easy to ID once you've seen one.

Semper Fi
    Phil

XJC
    ?

This thread got me wanting an M-72, but do we know if Soviet troops used them without the sidecar?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2