Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Allied 6 Wheel truck

Article about: I spotted this truck yesterday at Woodhall Spa. At first I thought it was a Deuce-and-a-Half but after looking it up it doesn't seem to fit the description Can anyone identify it please? Man

Default Allied 6 Wheel truck

I spotted this truck yesterday at Woodhall Spa.

At first I thought it was a Deuce-and-a-Half but after looking it up it doesn't seem to fit the description

Can anyone identify it please?

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allied 6 Wheel truck   Allied 6 Wheel truck  

Allied 6 Wheel truck   Allied 6 Wheel truck  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Austin K6 3 ton 6X4 Truck.

Beautiful big boy !

Quote by M1910 View Post
    Thank you
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by M1910 View Post
    That's correct! There was a workshops/recovery fitted version with a higher back and a 3ton (?) crane which is one I have seen more of I think. (There may be one at Bovington Tank Museum though I haven't been there for years)
    Something that will interest you Nick is that hundreds were supplied to the Soviets and I also believe this type was amongst those captured at various times and put into service by the Germans.

It does look like the US "Deuce" though and I think they were generically very similar.

I see the one you show is marked for 7 KOSB (1st Abn Div), where did you see it?

Regards

Mark

PS Oops, sorry I just noticed you said Woodhall D'oh! (RTFQ!!
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-28-2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: ps
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Yes, when M1910 identified it for me , I have since researched it and read about supplying them to the USSR.

Interesting about Germany using them too

Thanks

Nick