Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

American Red Cross Clubmobile Bus

Article about: After a repatriation from Australia and a three year restoration project our London Transport Green Line coach was not going to be ready for our event yesterday and being its 75th birthday y

Default American Red Cross Clubmobile Bus

After a repatriation from Australia and a three year restoration project our London Transport Green Line coach was not going to be ready for our event yesterday and being its 75th birthday year that just couldn't happen. Mechanically we were set, but I could not get it painted to the standard we run to in the time... So only things to do, go for grey and recreate the Clubmobile!!

This is the exact type of vehicle that was converted, sadly none of the original ARC bus conversions survive, indeed only two 10T10s survive and both were used as Ambulances during the war, so for a very brief period yesterday a Clubmobile was is use again. This was its maiden journey, the first time it had carried passengers in the UK for over 60 years.

Cheers
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Red Cross Clubmobile Bus   American Red Cross Clubmobile Bus  

Outstanding work Steve.
    Looks beautiful.

Cheers
    Nuno

?

Hell of a job buddy.

looks great.keep it like that.

Kris Forster
    ?

Hi Steve,

nice project and nice pics!

I would like to ask your permission for using the pic below in a remembrance-website on the American WWII cemetery of Margraten in the Netherlands. The website tells the story of 10 Americans buried there. One of them is Dorothy Jane Burdge, who was a Red Cross 'girl' working in one of the Clubmobiles.
    Is that okay for you?

Best regards,
    Kris Förster

Hi Kris

Of course you can use it in relation to the project, glad to be of help. Attached just to finish this thread off is how it now looks returned to its coach use and how it would have looked whilst operating as an ambulance in London during the war.

Cheers
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Red Cross Clubmobile Bus  

Kris Forster
    ?

Hi Steve,

okay, thanks very much for that?
    If you send me your e-mail-adres, I will send you the link to the website when it's ready.

Greets,
    Kris