Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33

Article about: Picked this up at a nearby antique shop. Do any of the markings lead to a specific tank type? And does the range numbers mean 5=50m or 5=500m

?

Default Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33

Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33 Picked this up at a nearby antique shop. Do any of the markings lead to a specific tank type? And does the range numbers mean 5=50m or 5=500m

- - ------- - -

Sorry accidentally did the photos wrong

?

Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33

the sighting telescope isn't for a specific type of tank only the gun combination so any tank armed with a 2 pounder and besa would have had this sight fitted. would be suitable for
    early churchill, valentine, covenanter , crusader, matilda 2 and several armoured cars

the figures are range markings for the main gun and machine gun

?

Aw man this is quite cool . Are you the guy with covenanter from the tv show “ww2 treasure hunters”

yes i found the covenanter and i'm going back to the vineyard this month to collect it and start the resto Antique shop find 2 pounder aiming sights . Mk iis No 33

?

Thats gonna be a hell of a task stripping it down to individual pieces. Have you considered making a sorta thread or page somewhere so people can see the progress?

sorry for the late reply i've been busy
    there's a thread of the resto on facebook "T18656 covenanter" not done much but i'm pleased with the condition of the tank. i hope to get it running one day

?

I think i am already following the restoration. Keep up the good work

Good luck with the restoration, you are in for a long journey.