Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Any T30 HMCs left?

Article about: Hello, For a few years now I've been trying to find a Whites T30 Howitzer Motor Carriage to look at (Not the M3 75mm GMC). Does anyone know of one still on this mortal plane? It's an M2 half

ILH
    ?

Default Any T30 HMCs left?

Hello,

For a few years now I've been trying to find a Whites T30 Howitzer Motor Carriage to look at (Not the M3 75mm GMC).

Does anyone know of one still on this mortal plane?

It's an M2 halftrack with a 75mm Pack Howitzer on it; infantry suport/anti-tank. Around 500 were built. Used in the Aleutians, North Africa and Sicily by the Americans, but then then they replaced it.
    About 300 got converted back to infantry carriers just before D-Day. The rest were given to the British in Italy, French for D-Day, and?

In hope,
    Jim.

Default Re: Any T30 HMCs left?

Thought i saw one on a website about a reenactment in Poland, i had a little look and found a photo of a T30 75mm. Apparently, Poland were given some after the war, as this one has polish markings,

Cheers
    Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any T30 HMCs left?  

ILH
    ?

Default Re: Any T30 HMCs left?

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for looking, but I'm afraid that's a horse of a different colour

same photo at World War II: M3 Half-track is captioned:

"An American T48 57 mm GMC based on a M3 Halftrack called SU-57 by the Soviet and Polish armies in front of the Polish Army Museum."

Here's some T30 HMC pics; one from Sicily, and two from Aberdeen Testing Ground, USA,-

Beginning to think i may have the only bit of one (a mantlet) left in the world
    cheers, jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any T30 HMCs left?   Any T30 HMCs left?  

Any T30 HMCs left?